- Still time to register for Thursday's webinar, "Linking #SupplyChain Transformation to the Profit & Loss Statement" http://t.co/g9YU1sES #
- New ITM Blog Post: UPCOMING WEBINAR: Linking Supply Chain Transformation to the Profit & Loss Statement http://t.co/WBwybi9W #
- Be sure to register for tomorrow's free webinar, "#ExportReform Update – Focusing on the 'Four Singles'" http://t.co/ozdF32BL #in #
- Our software keeps you out of this hardware. Come see us at booth 145 at #ICPA to pick up one of our awesome keychains! http://t.co/Wz2R4DSN #
- Have you stopped by Amber Road's booth yet at #ICPA We're raffling of a new iPad.. you can't win if you don't enter! #tradecompliance #
- International TMS Blog: Download New Expert eBook on NVOCC Profit Optimization http://t.co/zp5KEHEz #
- New ITM Blog Post: Download New Expert eBook on NVOCC Profit Optimization http://t.co/76r7E1qI #
- Trade Compliance Blog: British Businessman Extradited to the U.S. to Face Export Vi… http://t.co/aVKSwPdY #in #customs #trade #compliance #
- Final day to stop by our booth at #ICPA Come say hi! #
After losing an appeal in British courts, Christopher Tappin was extradited from the U.K. and brought to the U.S. on February 24th. Mr. Tappin, a British businessman, faces charges in connection with a scheme to illegally export parts used in Hawk surface-to-air missile systems to Iran. On March 5th, a United States federal grand jury indictment was handed down. Mr. Tappin was charged with one count each for: conspiracy to illegally export defense articles, aiding and abetting the illegal export of defense articles, and conspiracy to conduct illegal financial transactions. If convicted, Mr. Tappin faces up to 20 years in prison.
Mr. Tappin was investigated by The Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), which is an agency within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. ICE established a front company for the purpose of detecting potential illegal exports. U.S. authorities allege that an associate of Mr. Tappin dealt with the front company to purchase items which were then exported to Iran via the Netherlands.
To read more about this case, click here.
This case illustrates the extent to which the U.S. government will go to convict people (and companies) that commit export violations. It further demonstrates that anyone can be extradited and charged for violations of U.S. export control laws, regardless of their place of residency, and even if there are no equivalent laws in their country of citizenship.
Ensuring compliance with government export rules and regulations is a complex process. Effectively screening against restricted party lists, determining license requirements, and generating the necessary documentation for a shipment is often a challenge for exporters.
Learn how your company can automate (and simplify) these complex processes. Check out Amber Road’s Trade Export brochure.
- New AberdeenGroup report: Supply Chain Visibility Excellence: Mastering Complexity and Landed Costs. Download your free copy today…. #
- New AberdeenGroup report: SCV Excellence: Mastering Complexity and Landed Costs. Download your free copy today. http://t.co/Zj3Kiuq7 #
- Trade Agreements Blog: New Trade Enforcement Agency Established http://t.co/fCBmr4iA #tradeagreements #trade #freetrade #in #
- Trade Compliance Blog: New Trade Enforcement Agency Established http://t.co/Cny2akfu #in #customs #trade #compliance #
- New SCV Blog Post: New AberdeenGroup Report Supply Chain Visibility Excellence: Mastering Complexity and Landed Cos… http://t.co/Ey7nPEsQ #
- One week away from the 2012 #ICPA Annual Conference in Atlanta. Be sure to visit Amber Road at booth 145! #
- Trade Compliance Blog: US–South Korea FTA Goes into Effect Tomorrow! http://t.co/3BixcUOO #in #customs #trade #compliance #
- Trade Agreements Blog: US–South Korea FTA Goes into Effect Tomorrow! http://t.co/gEaXwqR9 #tradeagreements #trade #freetrade #in #
- New iPad goes on sale Friday. Instead of standing in line at midnight to get one, visit Amber Road at #ICPA & enter our raffle to win one! #
- Check out Amber Road's new eBook on NVOCC Profit Optimization: http://t.co/WommARat #
- Can't wait for #ICPA Annual Conference to start? Read one of our #tradecompliance whitepapers to hold you over! http://t.co/Kw8vbwIX #
- Currently 73 and sunny in Atlanta. Should be a great #ICPA conference! Don't forget to visit Amber Road at booth 145 (might win an iPad!) #
- Visit our Events Calendar to see full list of conferences and webinars you can catch us at! http://t.co/FTdji6Je #tradecompliance .. #
President Obama recently signed an executive order, establishing the Interagency Trade Enforcement Center (ITEC) within the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR). The Obama administration is aimed at doubling exports by the year 2015, and this new agency will help facilitate that goal.
According to Ron Kirk, Ambassador of USTR, the ITEC is among the most significant commitment of resources and expertise since the establishment of the USTR. The purpose of the Interagency Trade Enforcement Center will be to coordinate U.S. trade rights under international agreements, monitor unfair trade practices, as well as identify and eliminate foreign trade barriers. These tasks will hopefully curb the production of counterfeit and unsafe goods and improve market access for U.S. exporters. The ITEC will also strengthen trade enforcement of intellectual property laws.
Chairman of the House Trade Working Group, Rep. Mike Michaud (D-Maine), said, “Signing this order brings us one more important step closer to the level of trade enforcement we need to counter the predatory practices of countries like China.”
Based on the signed executive order, the mission and function of The Interagency Trade Enforcement Center will be to:
(a) serve as the primary forum within the Federal Government for USTR and other agencies to coordinate enforcement of U.S. trade rights under international trade agreements and enforcement of domestic trade laws;
(b) coordinate among USTR, other agencies with trade related responsibilities, and the U.S. Intelligence Community the exchange of information related to potential violations of international trade agreements by our foreign trade partners; and
(c) conduct outreach to U.S. workers, businesses, and other interested persons to foster greater participation in the identification and reduction or elimination of foreign trade barriers and unfair foreign trade practices.
- Check out Amber Road CEO Jim Preuninger's column in SCDigest: "Supporting the Segmented #SupplyChain with GTM Solutions"… #
- New SCV Blog Post: Supply Chain Digest: March Expert Insight Article Featuring Amber Road CEO http://t.co/GIaesdCB #
- Amber Road has a couple of execs attending the Trans-Pacific Maritime Conference this week. Find us and say hello! http://t.co/ZPDhOTy5 #
- Day 2 of Trans-Pacific Maritime Conference. Be sure to say hello to Amber Road execs! #TPM2012 #
- SCV Best Practices Blog: New eBook: "Three Ways You're Throwing Away Money in Your Global Supply Chain" http://t.co/Kk5WZo1A #
- New SCV Blog Post: New eBook: "Three Ways You're Throwing Away Money in Your Global Supply Chain" http://t.co/uIR2IkSd #
- WEBINAR: Linking #SupplyChain Transformation to P&L Statement. Join Levi's, Aberdeen and Amber Road on March 29. http://t.co/JDLBxC3J #in #
- New SCV Blog Post: UPCOMING WEBINAR: Linking Supply Chain Transformation to the Profit & Loss Statement http://t.co/MjI2qqHh #
- In Amber Road's latest video interview, VP Marketing Scott Byrnes discusses "Pain and Gain of Global #SupplyChain quot; http://t.co/9oivYEX4 #in #
- SCV Best Practices Blog: Video Interview: "The Pain and Gain of Global Supply Chains" http://t.co/eDw4HymH #
- New SCV Blog Post: Video Interview: "The Pain and Gain of Global Supply Chains" http://t.co/BuLLrE8P #